Here’s a listing of my research interests, list of publications, and presentations.
- Data science and data architecture
- Educational data mining, learning analytics, academic analytics
- Leadership support of information systems projects
- IT strategy and governance (so-called IT-business alignment)
- June, 2019, with Dr. Carla Patalano, MBA/HRM Program Chair at New England College of Business. You want me to do what??? Getting started in analytics for an HR department of one. Presented at the SHRM ’19 Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- May 2019, with Stephen Mehlo, Director Advanced Analytics at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH), and Stephen Smith, CIO of Cambridge Public School District, Cambridge, MA. Going from data to action: Challenges and solutions for school districts. IMS Global LILI2019 Conference, San Diego, CA, May 20-23, 2019.
- April 2019. How do leaders support data science and analytics projects? Presented at the AABRI Conference, Savannah GA, April 1-3, 2019.
- March, 2019. HMH Data Insight-as-a-Service. Presentation at annual SITE Conference, Las Vegas, NV, March 18-21, 2019.
- June 2018. Data Insight-as-a-Service. Presentation at the Model Schools Conference, Orlando, FL.
- April 2018. Data Insight-as-a-Service. Presentation at HMH Technical Services University, with Pamela Moore.
- October 2017. How to Speak Geek: Demystifying Analytics for HR Professionals. Press release available at: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/10/prweb14818267.htm
- You can access a recording of this by registering here.
- Huebner, R. (2019). How do leaders support data mining and analytics projects? Journal of Technology Research, 9. Available here. Also indexed in ProQuest, ABI/INFORM.
- Huebner, R. (2017). A quantitative analysis of organizational factors that relate to data mining success. Published Dissertation. Abstract available here. Published in ProQuest Digital Dissertations.
- Huebner, R. (2013). A survey of educational data mining research. Research in Higher Educational Journal, 19. Available here. Available in ProQuest, ERIC, and ABI/INFORM.
- Huebner, R. (2012). Barriers to adopting privacy-preserving data mining. Proceedings of the International Conference of the American Academic and Business Research Institute (AABRI).
- Huebner, R. (2009). Diversity-based interestingness measures for association rule mining. Proceedings of the American Society of Business & Behavioral Sciences (ASBBS), 16(1). Available here.
Blog Posts & Non-Refereed Publications
- June 5, 2019. [for Cutter Consortium members] How can leaders ensure their analytics projects are successful?
- May 13, 2019. Adopting analytics in school districts – suggestions for managing people, process, and technology. Available here.
- March 4, 2019. Creating an engaging data culture in school districts. Available here.
- July 26, 2018. Managing school district data requires data governance efforts! Available here.
- June 13, 2018. [for Cutter Consortium members] How your organization can get started in data visualization and analytics.
- April 11, 2017. Developing HR professional’s skills in data analysis and data visualization using Tableau. Available here.