- Data Science, Data Mining
- Educational data mining (EDM), Academic and Learning Analytics
- Data architecture, data warehousing, and business intelligence
- Database design and development
- Python (scikit-learn, pandas, ggplot2, seaborn), R, SPSS
- SQL (T-SQL - stored procedures, triggers, cursors, etc)
- Microsoft stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS)
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, PervasiveSQL
- ETL Tools (Talend, SSIS)
- Visualization: Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, etc.
- VB.net, C++
I have 20+ years of hands-on technical experience working with data in a variety of domains (healthcare, medical devices, manufacturing, education) and formats (CSVs, text, etc). I enjoy helping businesses uncover hidden meaning and new opportunities in their data.
I hold a Ph.D. in I.T., and have focused my research in the following areas:
- Critical success factors of data science/data mining projects
- Top leadership support of data mining projects
- Educational data mining - learning analytics and academic analytics
- Statistical methods used in data mining
I've built significant expertise in using SPSS and other tools (R, Python, etc) and in analyzing large data sets to find patterns, trends, and relationships within the data.